Sunday, April 15, 2012

34 Days... Is Not Enough Time

My Final year in Junior High, wow. I seriously can't believe how fast it is coming to an end; how fast I am growing up. It's crazy to think that I turn sixteen this fall, that I will have my license by October, and that I will be a Sophomore. Even though I've got thirty four days of Junior High left, I am already starting to prepare for my first year in High school, as a Sophomore.

As I look back on my years in Junior High there are many things I regret, like not being able to take all of the classes I wanted to. Not being as social as I would like, and most of all... not spending more time with my friends. They mean everything to me and because I was so worried about High School, I didn't free up any of my time to go hang out with them, or saying "Hey! Lets go get Ice Cream or something", you know? I'm doing my best to prepare for the future and not leaving any time in the present to do things with those I love. Although there are many things I regret, there are also many things that I am grateful for. I am grateful that my family has been there every step of the way, that my friends have been there every second with me laughing, that I've been able to get a 4.0 GPA every term this year. That is a big accomplishment for me. I'm grateful that I have friends that will stick with me, that will stay in touch even though we are all going to different high schools. That is a big accomplishment for me, I've always have a hard time keeping friends because I am different, and if I do have good friends they usually end up moving and then it is hard to stay in touch (especially when they move out of the country to Russia or Germany).

As I start preparing for high school I find myself looking back on these things. Hoping that I won't get lost in this high school that is so new to me. Believe it or not, in seventh grade I was the scared, shy (still am), and lonely seventh grader that got lost going to her classes. I got lost going to my English class, to my locker, then to my Science class; the funny part? My Science class and my English class were across the hall, and my locker was just in the next hall over. As I start high school I am hoping to discover more about myself, my interests, and what I want to do with my life. I have met many inspirational people over the years that have helped me when I struggled. They made me realize that I want to help people. I want to give kids that same smile that they gave to me when I accomplished something. Whether or not I can find a career in this I don't know, but I will always incorporate it into my life.

34 days. Let the count down begin.

1 comment:

  1. You're such an amazing person! I hope you have fun in High School!

    ReplyDelete